I’m very excited to have been nominated for the Liebster Award by a fellow blogger. Thank you Suzanne for nominating me. I’m happy you enjoy reading my blog! Go check her blog out, sentiments of a working mom. You won’t regret it!
The Liebster award is awarded to bloggers with under 200 followers to try to promote their blog a little and also bring together a community of bloggers. The rules of the competition are as follows:
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2.Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
6. Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
Here are the questions that sentiments of a working mom asked me…
1. What is the last store you shopped at? (don’t count grocery stores) The last store I shopped at was Green Gables, a cute little shop full of home decor, garden accessories and children’s toys.
2. What is the story of your name? When I was a teenager I often felt very out of touch with reality due to my undiagnosed anxiety. I spent a lot of time thinking about how life would be as a mermaid. Now that I’m an adult I still have a fascination with mermaids.
3. If you could own a wild animal as a pet, what kind of animal would you choose? I would own a zebra. Exotic yet shy just like me 🙂
4. What were you doing when you found out about 9/11? I was sitting in my grade ten math class, it was announced over the PA system. At the time I didn’t realize the impact of what had happened but I knew that it was intense,
5. Who are some of your celebrity crushes? Hmmm tough, I like musicians. Luke Bryan is completely gorgeous and so talented. A lot of those country men are hotties. My all time crush though is Dallas Green, he has always intrigued me!
6. Who was your last hug from and when was it? My last hug was actually a double hug from my daughter and son. They were laying together at bed time tonight so I went in for the smother.
7. If you had to live somewhere else then you do now, what city would you move to? I would likely move to Kingston, Ontario, It’s not very large, it’s only about an hour from my family and it has a great vibe.
8. How many of the 7 Dwarves can you name off the top of your head? Bashful, Dopey, Sneezy, Doc, Grumpy, Happy?
9. What was your favorite childhood toy? I loved Barbie dolls! I could spend an entire day locked up in my room playing Barbie.
10. What is one movie you think everyone should see? This one is tricky, honestly I’m not a huge movie watcher. I honestly love the movie Beaches, it has such a positive message despite how cheesy it is.
11. What is something you find to be inspirational? I’m inspired by artists in general, whether it be a musician, poet, writer or painter. It takes bravery to put yourself out there and have people critique your work.
11 Random facts about me:
1. I have a sweet tooth, like I love sweets!! I’m not a big fan of candy but anything chocolate floats my boat.
2. I worked as a make-up artist briefly for a photographer. I gained some experience and would love to take some classes.
3. I participated in an art project which is hopefully going to be published as a book one day. It was a photo shoot that exposed the baggage that we all carry around with us daily. It was a nude photo shoot.
4. I hope to have a sleeve tattooed on my left arm at some point in my life. I want it to based on the life of a mermaid.
5. I look up to my older sister more than she will ever know. My family doesn’t do mush, I swear I am the odd ball out.
6. I’ve never actually met my biological father, probably why I am the odd ball out in my family.
7. I work at the school where my children go. It has been the best and the worst experience of my life.
8. During the summer I run a day camp. I feel kind of old to be a camp leader but oh goodness it’s fun.
9. I used to believe in psychics but I’m not sure I do anymore.
10. I was “fired” by my counselor after only a handful of sessions. Apparently I have my shit together and she didn’t see the need for me to see a counselor anymore.
11. The reason I have my shit together is because I have two amazing children that deserve the world and the best the version of a mom I can be!
Here are my nominees. These are people in the blogging world who I have found to be intriguing. Please check out their blogs.
Here are the questions for my nominees:
1. What was the name of the last book that you read?
2. What song/band are you loving right now?
3. If you could travel anywhere in the world where would it be? Why?
4. Make-up or fresh face? If make-up do you feel naked without it?
5. What made you decide to write your very first blog post?
6. What one thing off of your bucket list do you want to accomplish the most?
7. What was the last thing that made you smile?
8. If you could have a super power what would it be?
9. Who is your personal superhero?
10. What was your favorite childhood cartoon?
11. Do you prefer cats or dogs? or both?